EARLY YEARS HEALTH & SAFETY POLICIES & PROCEDURES MANUAL
MCW Nursery Support Services specialises in designing and implementing bespoke HEALTH & SAFETY, AUDIT, TRAINING and BUSINESS packages for the childcare industry.
With decades of experience, we recognise that no two-nursery settings are alike – and nor is the paperwork required to run each business. Our team of consultants and trainers can personalise your manuals and documentation, giving you the peace of mind that you’re following all of the required rules and regulations.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- HASSLE-FREE PAPERWORK
- MAKE SURE YOU’RE SAFE & COMPLIANT
- YOU CAN FOCUS ON LOOKING AFTER CHILDREN
The Health and Safety at Work etc., Act 1974 imposes legal duties on employers and employees to take care of their own and others safety at work, so far as is reasonably practicable.
To enable these duties to be carried out, it is the nursery’s intent to ensure that responsibilities for health, safety, and fire and hygiene matters are effectively assigned, accepted and fulfilled at all levels within the organisational structure. The Early Years Health & Safety Policies and Procedures Manual will help you do just that.
The Early Years Health & Safety Policies and Procedures Manual is fully branded to your company including logos and structure. Each policy and procedure clearly define who is responsible for what, has clear processes that must be followed and forms that must be completed so there is no confusion of individuals roles regarding Health & Safety matters within your nursery. It also comes complete with over 80 different forms to support each policy and procedure.
Areas covered within the Early Years Health & Safety Policies and Procedures Manual include:
- Health & Safety Policy Statement
- Health & Safety Policy & Organisation
- Health & Safety Supporting Arrangements
- General Work Environment
- Manual Handling
- COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
- Infectious Disease Control
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Equipment Safety
- Safety in External Areas
- Fire Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Gas Safety
- Kitchen Safety
- First Aid
- Looking After Parents & Visitors
- Work by Contractors
- Uniform to Maintain Health & Safety Standards
- Dealing with Alcohol, Drugs, Smoking and Passive Smoke
- Managing Stress & Working Time Directive
- Dealing with Aggressive & Violent Situations
- New & Expectant Mothers
- Work by Young & Vulnerable Persons
- Lone Working
- Driver Safety
- Mobile Devices in the Nursery
- Office Safety
- In House Safety Checks
- Legionella & Hot Water Safety
- Personal Hygiene & Children
- Medicine Policy
- Equipment for Safe Play & Childcare
- Off-Site Visits
- Intruder/Kidnap Risk
- Security of Children
- Procedure for Reducing the Risk of Cot Death
- Evacuation & Place of Safety Policy