Can’t get to a classroom?
Prefer to study solo?
E-LEARNING HEALTH & SAFETY COURSES
MANUAL HANDLING AWARENESS
MCW Nursery Support Services provides top-quality E-LEARNING training – from a one-off course to a comprehensive package, designed especially for your NURSERY.
According to the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (MHOR), manual handling is defined as: '...any transporting or supporting of a load (including the lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving thereof) by hand or bodily force’. It requires employers to ensure that all employees are trained and competent in manual handling.
During 2015/16 the Health & Safety Executive reported the total number of Work Related Musculoskeletal Disorders (WRMSDs) was 539,00 out of a total of 1,311,000 of all work-related illnesses. That is a staggering 41%.
This Manual Handling Awareness course has been designed to fully comply with The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
Key outcomes of the course:
- Provide information, guidance and explanations on aspects of manual handling in the workplace.
- Ensure candidates can recognise manual handling risk factors and how injuries can occur.
- Help candidates understand the principles of safer handling and good back care to promote general musculoskeletal health.
- Candidates will learn how to carry out a risk assessment for moving and handling.
THE MANUAL HANDLING COURSE COVERS:
- Legislation & Responsibilities
- Manual Handling Injuries
- Safer Handling Techniques
- Safe Movement of People
- Mechanical Assistance
- Creating a Risk Assessment
- End of Course Exam
Our training courses are all designed to be engaging and memorable. What’s the point in spending precious time learning if it doesn’t sink in and provide value to your employees and workplace. Don’t worry though. Just because the course is completed ONLINE, MCW Nursery Support Services are still available to offer help and support.