MCW Nursery Support Services provides top-quality classroom training – from a one-off course to a comprehensive package, designed especially for your NURSERY.
PAEDIATRIC FIRST AID COURSES
PAEDIATRIC AND EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK – BLENDED LEARNING
This course gives the candidate competence in Paediatric First Aid including the management of anaphylaxis skills and knowledge (12 Hours) as required by the Statutory Framework for Early Years Foundation Stage and Emergency First Aid at Work skills and knowledge (6 Hours) as required under the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 (and in accordance with current first aid practice).
- Roles and responsibility of a First Aider
- Assessing an incident involving an infant, child and adult
- Managing an adult, infant and child who is unresponsive and NOT breathing normally
- Provide first aid to an unresponsive and breathing normally adult, infant and child
- Seizures/choking/external bleeding/shock from severe blood loss/minor injuries
- Suspected fracture or dislocation
- Head, neck, or back injury
- Foreign body in eyes, ears, and nose/eye injury
- Chronic medical condition including diabetic emergency – low blood sugar, asthma attack, allergic reaction, meningitis, and sepsis
- The effects of extreme heat or cold/electric shock/burns or scalds/sudden poisoning/anaphylactic shock
Guided Learning – 12 Hours
Our training courses are a mixture of theory and practical assessments – and all are designed to be engaging and memorable. What’s the point in spending precious time learning if it doesn’t sink in and provide value to your employees and workplace.